Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Don't Quit


Growing up, I always came across this poem:

When things go wrong as they sometimes will.
When the road you’re trudging seems all up hill.
When funds are low and the debts are high.
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest, if you must, but don’t you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns.
As everyone of us sometimes learns.
And many a failure turns about.
When he might have won had he stuck it out:
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow –
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out –
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are.
It may be near when it seems so far:
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit –
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Author unknown

Just had a conversation with my dad about quitting-and i feel so inspired by him. Never seriously considered that my dad is so wise =) It seems that quitting is rather common within my family, with the exception of some especially my dad.

Actually that's something zq has been telling me for a long time but i sometimes refuse to admit he is right =P sorry zq...
Looking back on my life, I won't say i have regrets, but u do realise that i am not willing to try things that i may be likely to fail at. I'm afraid to fail. When i got disqualified for my canoeing finals, i told myself i will never take up canoeing again. Was that quitting?

My dad said life will never be smooth, success never comes easily. If we don't try even when it's tough and there seems to be no hope, we can never succeed. He also said if you have tried your best, and you still fail, SO WHAT? It's just failing, no big deal.

To my little sisters who are still working out their lives-the road is not smooth, but don't quit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RosyMaryFuXiyan, I like that. Hard, but true. Your dad not only looks like Lee Ang, he has insights like his too!
You're just 24, you still can set out to do a lot, and fail, and still have time for a successful rebound!

Stephanie 후숭니 said...

Hye!! I love that! hehe.. u know who am i?? the poem is meaningful!!