Thursday, July 26, 2007

On the 23 Korean hostages

I know I said there will only be 1 entry on this blog, but just had my Quiet Time, and feel that I need to share these thoughts.

Yesterday 1 of the 23 Korean missionaries in Afghanistan held hostage was killed. I don't know much, only that he was a pastor and the leader of the group. This morning when I was heading for work, I suddenly had a thought after hearing a song in the car. It had a line like "All costs for Jesus". And I thought about the hostages and prayed for them. i was reminded that even if they should lose their lives, it would not be in vain. It would be for Jesus. Of course it is much easier to say than face though.

It was only when I reached the office that I heard the news about the pastor, Bae Hyung-kyu. And God reassured me, somehow, that the pastor is in a much better place now. And he will be given much honor. Like Stephen that I read about in Acts 7 today.

" But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into Heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God."
"And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.' And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, 'Lord, do not hold this sin against them.' And when he had said this, he fell asleep."

Let us keep praying for the other hostages. God is so much more powerful than any other force in this world, and He will see justice done in His way and in His time. If He could send angels to bring the apostles out of jail in Acts 5, telling them to " speak to the people all the words of this Life", how could he not do a miracle in this day and age? It is all in His control, and He will not abandon His children. Let us hold firmly to that promise, for He who promised is faithful.

Unto Him be all glory and honor and praise, forever and ever! Amen

1 comment:

怪叔叔 said...

玫瑰玛丽,

拾起你的伤感,从新振作,再以你的爱心与关怀,继续去关心你身边的每一个人,感化他们,这才是你的神职所在。

每一个人,也包括了Ishi, 会永远记住你那灿烂笑容,爱心和宝贵的友谊。

懂不!